If you love the beauty of natural hardwood floors but are hesitating because of costs or maintenance, then engineered hardwood flooring may be the ideal floor for you. Engineered hardwoods are made of several tough layers of organic wood that result in a more affordable and stronger version of traditional hardwoods.
- Endless variety. Engineered hardwood flooring has just as many variations as there are natural wood species because the top layer is a thin layer of your favorite wood species. This means you can choose from many different stains, colors, and finishes!
- Stretches your budget. Do you like exotic woods like tigerwood but need to cut back on renovation costs? With engineered wood, you can get an exotic species without having to pay the price for solid planks.
- Better for the environment. Engineered hardwood uses several layers of plywood that are tightly compressed, which means that scraps of wood that would have gone to waste are now being reused. And if you choose a rare or exotic hardwood, you’ll be using less of it than if you had opted for solid wood planks.
- Resilient. This material is more resistant to moisture and humidity, meaning it is less likely to warp. This makes it a safe choice for kitchens and basements.
- Easy to install. Though solid hardwood floors can’t be installed over concrete, engineered hardwoods can! They also come in floating varieties, which means that they can interlock and snap over your existing floor for a quick installation with minimal mess.
- Shorter life than solid wood. Since traditional hardwoods are simply one thick plank from the same species, they can be sanded and refinished several times before they have to be replaced. Engineered hardwood floors, on the other hand, have a thin top layer of the aesthetic wood species. Depending on its thickness, engineered hardwood can only be refinished once or twice at most.
To learn more about engineered hardwood floors or to have them installed in your Carrollwood home, all you have to do is call Floor Coverings International North Tampa. We look forward to helping you choose your new floors!
You might also be interested in:
Photo Credit: BCFC